The latest report from TwentyCi, the data and customer engagement specialists, is now available. Property & Home Mover Report Q2 2018 is the fifth edition of their quarterly reports of analysis and data from across the UK housing market.
The good news is it isn’t all doom and gloom!
Here are the report highlights:
• Market confidence is still building. New instructions are up nearly 7% on last year while house prices remain stable.
• Smaller homes are the biggest sellers. Terraced and semi-detached houses make up the largest proportion of sales, accounting for over 55%.
• The Silver Economy continues to grow. Baby boomers continue to have an increasing appetite for property, with exchanges up 10% year on year.
• London is a different world. The capital seems to operate in its own bubble with asking prices up 3%, almost certainly the due to the lack of available properties.
• Online agents are increasing. Online estate agents were responsible for 8% of all exchanges.
• Realised prices vary by value. A review of 2017 listed prices compared to the price actually achieved shows an average discount of up to 4% for properties sold for less than £1m. The realised value of properties over £1m, however, shows an average discount of 8%.
If you wish to read the report in full it can be downloaded from the TwentyCi website here.